Read the words and discuss what you think they might mean before revealing the definition.
The cosmological argument – Page 3
– the process by which an object acquires a new form.
– a chain of events that goes backwards forever.
– that which causes change and motion to start or stop. In many cases, this is simply the thing that brings something about.
– not just human beings but anything that has a property.
– nature or character.
– beings that depend upon something else for their existence. They have the property that they need not be, or could have been different.
– beings which, if they exist, cannot not exist; beings which are not dependent on any other for their existence.
Principle of sufficient reason
– there is some sort of explanation, known or unknown, for everything.
– a completed unity eg an actual infinity of time would be an infinite number of moments in the past and in the future.